- Raw rice powder : 2 cups
- Atta : ½ cup
- Banana : 1
- Ghee : ½ cup
- Cardamom powder : 1 tsp
- Jaggery : 2 cups
- Coconut : ½
- Oil : ¼ cup
- Mix raw rice powder and Atta.
- Powder jaggery, mix in ½ cup of water and let it boil.
- Cut coconut into small pieces, fry in ghee and add to the jaggery syrup.
- Peel banana, mash and mix it in syrup.
- When the syrup is hot, add it to the powder and mix.
- It should have idli batter consistency.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Mix oil and ghee.
- Take an unniappam mould, fill the cups with ¾ th oil.
- Pour the batter in the cups.
- Turn the unniappam inside the mould to fry it well.
- Remove it from the mould, drain and set aside.
One of my favorite nosh and i love the aroma.